Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Norm's Farms Elderberry Wholesome Foods *Review and Giveaway






What are elderberries? Elderberries are a superfruit, fairly new to this country as far as growing. Norm's Farms is a forerunner in growing the elderberry. Only 10% of the elderberries consumed are grown in the USA, the other 90% in Europe.
Elderberries contain, vitamins A, B and C , iron, potassium, and the powerful antioxidants known as anthocyanins.
Not only is Norm's Farms selling elderberry products, they also sell the plants so you can grown your own and help increase the 10% margin.

The first product we tried was the Blueberry Elderberry Preserves . I always like to open a fresh jar of preserves, smell it and look at the consistency. There was no separation of any kind in the preserves. A nice, thick yet easily spreadable preserve. We went the traditional route with this one and spread it on our morning toast. You can easily just put a thin layer, or heap it on for extreme taste! Very flavorful and you can actually pick out the elderberry and blueberry tastes in the preserves. I really appreciate preserves that put the fruit taste in front of the overly sweet flavor of sugars. Thumbs up from myself, hubby and my 12 year old son!


Prefer your fruit spreads a little bit thinner? Then the Elderberry Jelly would be your choice preference. When I think of jellies I think of grape primarily. The elderberry jelly gives your taste buds much more of a flavor explosion! The use of elderberry juice rather than the berries themselves give this product a nice light spread-ability.





 Peanut Butter Thumbprint Cookies with Elderberry Jam looked like a great recipe to try and I went ahead and use the Elderberry Jam for the recipe. I liked the thickness of the jam and the combination of the peanut butter cookie and jam were outstanding!

(Courtesy of Norm's Farms)



The last one in our review lineup is the Elderberry Ginger Pecan Jam. If you enjoy nice, chunky jams then this is perfect for you. With candied ginger and pecan pieces, this jam is perfect for use on hardier bread and use in appetizers. Below I tried to show the comparison to Elderberry Jelly and the Elderberry Ginger Pecan Jam.


 I really liked the combination of the candied ginger, pecans and elderberries. It gave it a nice hearty taste. You may even want to scoop it with a spoon rather than a knife.

Enter to win a $50 Gift Certificate from Norm's Farms
Ends August 31
US only


Be sure to follow Norm's Farms on these social media sites
Twitter @Normsfarms
Facebook Norms Farms
Google Plus Norms Farms
Pinterest Norms Farms


Don't miss a single post Subscribe to A Year of Jubilee Reviews and get our latest reviews and giveaways directly to your inbox!



16 comments:

  1. I love Elderberry Jelly. I also like the Elderberry Extract. I could see using this for many recipes and for when my family is feeling ill. I hear Elderberry is nature's medicine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If lucky enough to win, one thing I would get for sure is the Blueberry Elderberry Preserves! The combination of these 2 berries sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love to try the Blueberry Elderberry Preserves, The Elderberry Ginger Pecan Jam also sounds interesting. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love the Elderberry Ginger Pecan Jam

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd choose the Elderberry Ginger Pecan Jam....sounds like it would be great in walnut jam thumbprint cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would definitely want to try the elderberry jelly, I am a big fan of jelly, but I have never had elderberry and would love to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The blueberry elderberry preserves sound yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The dried elderflowers look interesting. I love trying new things!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think the Blueberry Elderberry Preserves sounds really good.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really want to go with the sampler pack, however I am anxious to try the Blueberry Elderberry preserves.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'd like to try the Elderberry Ginger Pecan Jam. I know I would love the Blueberry Elderberry but I am real curious as to what the Elderberry Ginger Pecan Jam will taste like. I like all the ingredients so I'm hoping it will be delicious. I love trying something new.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Blueberry Elderberry Jam sounds really delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like the Elderberry Wellness Syrup

    ReplyDelete
  14. I might choose the Blueberry Elderberry Preserve.
    twinkle at optonline dot net

    ReplyDelete