If you haven't heard of Ripley's Believe it or Not.. you probably have been living in a cave and should be in the book yourself! Just kidding.. my children are fascinated with all things unique and original and Ripley's is definitely the place for that.
Sections in Reality Shock! include:
- ANIMALS – meet real-life wolf-man Werner Freund, who lives with a pack of wolves and feeds them directly from his mouth
- SPORTS – find out why the new British sport of bubble soccer is such a kick
- BODY – you won’t believe how a 56-year-old grandma can function with 18-inch long fingernails; she hasn’t cut them in 20 years!
- FEATS – Canadian Lonnie Bissonnette is like no other BASE jumper – he hurls himself off bridges in his wheelchair
- ART – learn about one photographer’s “Snot Shots” – they certainly are something to sneeze at
- FOOD – people at one festival dine on octopus – while it’s still alive!
These bizarre stories really entice reluctant readers to delve in. I love that I can get them excited about reading and learning.. even if it is with things that are a bit on the strange side. We have probably checked out every book put out by Ripley's at our local library.. numerous times.
I must admit that these stories are fun to read about. Some cute ones, some gory, some way over the top freaky.
Great holiday gift idea. Pick up your copy HERE!
Enter the Reality Shock Getaway for 2 to Orlando Florida and the behind the scenes tour of Ripley's private collection! Enter HERE
Find Ripley's on these social media sites
Don't miss a single post Subscribe to A Year of Jubilee Reviews and get our latest reviews and giveaways directly to your inbox!