Maries Original Poison Ivy/Oak Soap
We have it on hand now, thanks to our sponsor and will utilize it immediately if our new home in KY has poison ivy in the woods (what woods doesn't have it??)
From the website:
About Poison Ivy/Oak Soap
The Native American Indians were puzzled about the cause of the rash many European visitors were getting. This is because they cooked, dyed clothes and decorated with Poison Ivy/Oak branches and leaves. Poison Ivy/Oak is not toxic or poisonous but the oil contained in the plant has the ability to penetrate the 5 to 8 layers of the skin and bind with our natural body fluids causing a severe histamine reaction. All of the itching, weeping, swelling and pain are from our own body’s defense system working to get this oil out from under the skin. For someone sensitive to the oil, one fifty thousandth of a drop is enough to cause a major reaction. Marie’s Original Poison Ivy/Oak Soap removes the oil from the skin and helps calm down the reaction of the body.
Marie's poison ivy/oak soap helps remove the oils of the poison ivy/oak plant from the skin, and speeds healing of poison ivy/oak and other minor skin rashes.
How to use Poison Ivy/Oak Soap
For best results, wet skin with hot water, lather the poison ivy/oak soap and allow it to stay on the skin for a few minutes, then rinse with hot water. Do not use this product on broken skin without consulting a physician. If a rash has already started, it may be necessary to repeat use three or four times a day for a few days.
The soap should be applied 3-4 times daily.
If rash persists, the soap should be left on for an hour or even longer.
It's important not to eat or drink stimulating foods or beverages while the poison ivy is running its course; i.e., items with caffeine or hot spices.
Marie's Original is giving one of my readers 2 bars of soap during the Green Spring Clean event!! Just in case you are outside doing some spring cleaning and get into this itchy plant!
I was given 2 bars of soap in exchange for an honest review.